Sunday, February 12, 2017

Fantastic Pizza Cook Book - Used by Grandpa Can Cook - Written by Pete Evans

Pizza, by Pete Evans  (AKA - Pete Evans Pizza)
Australian Pizza Maker Shows Me How to Make New York Pizza


I was raised in Brooklyn, New York. One of those cities that is know for its pizza. After moving to California, and then to Australia I started to search for a good Brooklyn Style Pizza. I found help on the internet. Jamie Oliver had a couple of good videos; one on dough and one on sauce. They served me well, for years
In 2013  my daughter gave me this book as a gift. She thought I would find some interesting ideas on toppings. Well I did, but more important I found a pizza dough that is outstanding. I just added about 5 more minutes of kneading and it ended my search for dough.
He also has a very easy to make sauce that is just what you want on a pizza. A great sauce but it lets the topping shine through.
On top of that the book offers great tips and some exciting toppings.  I loved the Huevos Rancheros Pizza. And many of his other ideas. Many are gourmet type, but many are just plain simple ingredient pizzas. The great photos in the book will make your mouth water and give you an idea of how the finished pizza will look.
The back section of the book offers tips on making some topping and different type doughs
Strangely after searching for dough reminiscent of Brooklyn I found it in an Amazon book, by an Australian Pizza maker.
I have make about 100 pizzas since then. Not perfect all the time, but always great.
I own this book - I use this book - I recommend this book





*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the book you found your pizza dough and sauce recipe that you had in your video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon,
    It sure is. I have been using it since the day I got the book. Also the sauce. Click on Recipes / Tips Print or Download to she the recipes of dough and saucd

    ReplyDelete